Wednesday, June 2, 2010

"I hope he doesn't die. I can't handle summer school."

I can always count on Ferris Bueller's Day Off for great quotes. :)

Sadly, Ferris can't get me out of summer school. June is now upon us which means that my fantastic break filled with sleep, The Shield and Save-the-Dates is now over and it's time to dive into the Old Regime in Europe, followed by Renaissance in Europe in July. I will be drowning in reading and writing essays for the next 10 weeks. My excitement is boiling over.

Yes, I love History (you would hope considering I will be teaching it very soon)...but my preferred area is US history, and all this European stuff is not really my cup of tea. But I must do it anyway, so I will make the best of it and get it over with. I think I will just keep quoting Eddie Izzard in my head and say "I'm from Europe. Where the history comes from." anytime I'm feeling a bit bored, and it will bring a smile to my face. :)

I realize this post is pretty pointless, but the truth is that I'm purposely avoiding anything wedding related right now due to money and budget issues that are giving me chronic migraines. So European History it is. Wahoo! Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment