Sunday, June 13, 2010

The good and the bad.

It's 2:45 am. And I'm blogging. Waiting for my brain to shut off any minute now so I can sleep...

Today was one of those days that was both really good and not so great all at once. I got to spend most of the afternoon and evening with one of my very best friends (MOH B). We ate Taco Bell for old times sake, laughed at old choir videos, ate a yummy Pete-cooked dinner, drank some margaritas, went shopping and tried to do something constructive for the wedding (more on that in a minute). I don't spend much time with females, so this was a much needed girl day, and I'm so lucky that I have a man who understood that and let us have our space all day (Love you FI!).

But today I also had a sick little boy. We had quite a rough morning. Poor little thing. This morning was the first time he actually wanted Mommy in quite a while (Daddy is pretty much all that matters lately). But as nice as it was to remember what it feels like for him to want me, I felt bad that I couldn't actually make him feel any better. *Thank God for aceteminophen and ipuprophen though, because they did help. * It's never a good day for Mommies when babies are sick. :(

Today was also a hard day for wedding planning and school. I won't get into too much of the details because they are ridiculous, but lets just say that my summer school class makes me want to scream and dealing with our wedding budget makes me want to curse (okay maybe I have already done a lot of that...). And on top of that, B and I tried very hard to achieve the first round of this month's wedding project: Boutonierres, and the idea failed miserably. The problem here is that Pete really wants boutonierres made out of shamrocks...which we cannot get from our florist because they are basically grass and they die immediately. So I thought, no problem! I can just make faux-shamrock bouts and call it a day! I even found a Martha Stewart tutorial. Um...yeah, Martha, you suck. End of story. I never thought there was a wedding craft project I could not pull off. I'm the queen of crap like this. I pulled off complete wedding dresses as a pre-teen with nothing more than some tulle and safety pins! Okay that might not really count, but it's still a very funny memory. :) But I digress. I'm not sure my Bout attempt is over, but Pete may get stuck with shamrock lapel pins and green pocket squares and the world will keep on turning (and maybe my history paper will get written).

All in all, the good of today outweighed the bad, and thats really all that matters. It reminded me of how life really is, and what I think happiness truly is. People get sick, money gets tight, things get hard, and failures happen. But as long as the good outweighs the bad, and I've got the people who love me, I'll look forward to another day.




2 comments: