Monday, June 28, 2010

Blue Ice Cream

When it's 110 degrees outside, most kids would ask for a cold treat such as ice cream. But my kid? My extraordinary little Bug? He asks to make ice cream. And not just any ice cream...he needs to make red ice cream "with red spikes".

This is him explaining the "spikes" to Daddy...

Photobucket

His request (or demand) was so incredibly cute that we couldn't say no. Google to the rescue! Apparently you can make ice cream in a bag. Who knew?? Well, maybe most people, but not me. Insert blonde jokes here. So yes. We made ice cream in bag. (Although it had to be blue because we emptied all of the red food coloring in December for *someone's* ridiculous red Handy Manny toolbox birthday cake.)

We stuffed a bag with ice and salt...

Photobucket

We poured the yummy stuff into the little bag, put that into the big bag, and then Daddy shook shook shook. The oven mitts are my favorite part.

Photobucket
Italic

And Presto! Blue ice cream for my little man.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Anyone can demand ice cream, but it takes a special one to demand to make it :) I love my baby.

2 comments:

  1. It was really yummy! and all natural!!! cant wait to make more interesting combinations and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! This may be the cutest thing in the world!! Such good parents you two are :)

    ReplyDelete