Tuesday, July 6, 2010

New Name

I renamed the blog today.

Why? Well, mostly just because the old name was bugging me. Pretty much everything in life is bugging me lately, and my blog did not escape the list of things getting on my nerves, so I changed it to something that I think will derive happier reactions.

"Love Story" is a very meaningful phrase for Pete and I. Of course pretty much everyone in the world has heard Taylor Swift's song Love Story, and although it may be overplayed and so-last-year, it is "our" song and it makes me smile every time I hear it. The lyrics have nothing to do with Pete and me, but we established it as our song a long time ago (as we were dancing to it in the swimming pool), and whenever I hear it, I think of the first summer we were dating, and our road trips to Vegas, and more than anything, I think of the day Pete asked me to marry him. So it makes me happy to title my blog "Love Story". And I need all the happy I can get right now as I am still fighting this not-so-great summer of stress and blues.

It's a reminder that real love stories are not fairy tales, they are stories of people who go through good times and bad times, through thick and thin, and their love survives through it all. Pete and I have already made it through some pretty rough times both on our own and as a couple, and I know our life will bring many more and greater challenges for us to overcome together. We can do it. It's a love story.

No comments:

Post a Comment