Tuesday, August 16, 2011

What's that got to do with the price of eggs??

There has been extremely little happening lately, thus my lack of posting anything interesting.  As my summer break is very near to being over, these are the things that have been filling up my free time:

* cleaning
* ignoring the need to do laundry
* eating Taco Bell or Chipotle with Brittany
* stressing, strategizing, and staring at the continuous issues I keep facing in regard to my fall class schedule (yeah, classes start monday and I still haven't figured it out)
* watching Netflix with my hubby
* planning different scenarios for how Pete and I will make it through the many changes headed our way in the next few months
* trying to get Ryan interested in writing any letters other than A and B
* researching and stressing about grad school and what I'm going to do with my life

In addition to all that amazing stuff, I have also been spending some more time reading some new blogs about motherhood, marriage, etc...yet it seems I just keep getting annoyed by everything I read, which inspires a 10 minute rant to my husband, and the weird need to continue to read more aggravating posts.  For no real reason, I feel the need to list the things that are bugging me:

* Women who preach that stay-at-home-mothers are better mothers than those who work outside the home. You piss me off.
* All the things that point out why I really should be a teacher.
* All the things that point out why I really should do something other than teaching.
* Mothers who are so "organic" and "pure" that they won't even let their children play with toys that have a Disney character on them. I'm sure you had an Ariel Barbie when you were little and you grew up just fine. Get over yourself.
* Pregnancy blogs that ignore the fact that some women have horrible and difficult pregnancies/deliveries, or try to make me feel guilty for talking about it.
* Teacher certification INSANITY required by different states.

So what's all this got to do with the price of eggs?  Nothing.  But Andrea reminded me of that quote from While You Were Seeping the other day, and I've had the entire scene stuck in my head since then. 

Summary:  I need to get back to school so I will have less time to be annoyed by people.

1 comment: