Friday, August 19, 2011

The Thing That Should Not Be

My summer is officially over and I go back for one last semester of classes at ASU on Monday.  I spent some time reading through my syllabi for all my classes, and was slapped in the face with reality while reading the 4,000 word course description of my capstone history course: The U.S. Constitution Pro-Seminar. Allow me to share a piece of the endless rambling:

"As an HST 498: Pro-Seminar, the course of study described here represents a capstone experience for undergraduate majors or minors in History at Arizona State University.  A required, advanced course, the semester’s study offers students the opportunity to demonstrate their competence at conceptualizing, constructing, and completing a piece of writing based on primary sources and publishable as an article or a research note in a scholarly historical journal or as a chapter or essay in a scholarly anthology or collection."

ICK.

So yeah, I am a pretty good writer and it comes very naturally for me, and I posses a fabulous ability to BS my way through pretty much anything and get a good grade...BUT...I have been stuck in historical-inquiry-world for 4.5 years and I am SO.OVER.IT.

The silver lining?  I have a love affair with early American history and the US Constitution. So at least there's that.  

When this all over, I'm going to Disneyland.


No comments:

Post a Comment