Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Nesting

Newlywed wives are supposed to go through a nesting phase, right?  It kind of comes with the territory of wedding gifts and wedding photos that need to be framed.  Maybe it's about being a "good wife"...or maybe it's about needing to do ANYTHING to overcome the boredom of no longer planning the wedding.  In my case, it was the latter.

Adjusting to life post-wedding and honeymoon has been difficult at times. When you spend so long looking forward to one day followed by one fabulous trip, and then suddenly it's all over and you're back to real life...it can be challenging trying to not feel a bit blue.  My plan of action?  Nest.

...Well, let's backtrack a bit first.  After we got home from Vegas, our apartment became a disaster zone. There should have been yellow tape all around it.

Did I clean it?  No.  Instead I used some wedding gift money and bought a new dining room table.

And made my new husband put it together...

You need a hard hat in here.

And then I decided to paint.

Those two walls used to be white.

Then we opened all our wonderful wedding gifts, did some shopping with gift money, and I went to work trying to ignore summer school.  Here is the result of the living and dining room:






We also got some gifts for the bedroom, but we I'm not quite done with it yet, so stay tuned.

Thank you everyone for the gifts that have allowed us to make our home a bit more homey, and distracted me from homework and post-wedding blues. You all rock. :)  And your thank you notes will be arriving soon, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment