Saturday, July 2, 2011

NKOTBSB.

On Thursday night, the fabulous Brittany and I went through a time warp.

 Oh yes, that would be the concert combining New Kids on the Block and our #1 teenage loves, the Backstreet Boys. Hello 1999 (or 1989 for the other half of the women there)!

We made kick-ass shirts...

I was uber excited waiting for her to pick me up...

Gave my sweetie some lovin to make him feel better about another man's name being on my chest...

Oh yes.

A couple hours later, Britt and I were transformed back into love-struck 14-year-olds.

(Yes that is us in 1999, flanked by BSB merchandise)

It was so awesome getting to see them live again. BSB was a huge part of my adolesence, and listening to their music takes me back to a time that I miss very much.  The height of their popularity (and our love for them) was in 1999-2000 - the last year I had before high school, before my first heartbreak, before my mother and grandmother died.  It was a time of innocence and sweetness. And we got to feel it all again for a few hours.

Brian, A.J., Nick & Howie

Their awesome sing-off finale with NKOTB
On the way home we were nostalgic and even a bit sad remembering a time when life was so simple. 
But it makes us happy that these guys are still around to remind us. <3
"Every time we're down, you can make it right, and that makes you Larger than Life..."  
- BSB Millenium

1 comment: