Thursday, July 7, 2011

My Karma Rant.

Sometimes, I just really do not understand how karma works. 
Especially when it comes to my amazing husband. 

Pete is literally a genius (with an IQ to prove it), he works incredibly hard, and he is somehow good at everything he attempts to do (which is why he irritated the hell out of me when we first met, and how he earned the nickname Superman).  He has had to work in several different fields doing many different things in order to support himself over the past 10 years, and he has excelled at everything he has done.  Yet he has continually gotten screwed over by almost every employer he has ever had.  And today has been no different.  Only three days ago he and I were trying to choose between two different job opportunities that had been placed in front of him, opportunities that he so greatly deserved...and today, both opportunities fell through the cracks. 
I know that in this economy he is lucky to even have a job, and we are very grateful for that, especially given the fact that he gave up a very good job in IL to be with me and Ryan in AZ.  But sometimes it just breaks my heart to see how hard he works and how badly he ends up being treated.  Have I mentioned that in the company he works for right now, he is literally ranked #1 of all the employees in his customer service and sales stats??  Yeah, number 1.  Yet he has gotten absolutely nothing for it.  I don't understand it.

Where is karma?  My husband is the nicest guy out there. He has gotten stabbed in the back and ignored by friends he would still take a bullet for.  He helps anyone who asks for it.  He seriously has no enemies. He treats everyone with respect - whether they deserve it or not.  Yet karma has never been on his side.  He has never been given a break, never had a chance fall in his lap, and has never been recognized for what he does.  He has sacrificed so much to be an incredible father to a child that will never legally be his, no matter how hard he tries.  And at the end of the day, you'll never hear him complain about any of it.

But that doesn't mean I won't. I am angry today. I am disappointed in karma - or the belief that hard work and doing the right things pays off.  Unfortunately, it seems that nice guys really do finish last, and it's unfair.

That is my rant.

I love you, Joey. You will always be my Superman.

3 comments:

  1. I don't know if the Joey Bear would be interested but I know when Ked worked for the GoDaddy.com call center they had great incentives for the employees and they were always rewarding the top sales people. Might be something to look into :)

    But he does have you to take care of him, I would say that is some pretty good karma! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just remember our offer still stands. It will give you a break and you can start with solid savings when you want to move forward.

    The unemployment rate as of July is 8.0% where as in AZ it is 9.6%. When you feel froggy jump.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mandi - thanks for the input, unfortunately GoDaddy has been downsizing ever since they were bought out :( He's looking into Discover though.

    Josh - we are so ready to jump!! And so grateful for your offer, and highly considering it. I still have 2 semesters of school left though, then we will be making the leap somewhere!

    ReplyDelete