Monday, August 9, 2010

The Doublemint Twins

That's the name that was given to MOH Andi and me back in high school.  

Photobucket
We may not have ever had those awesome green outfits, but we sure rocked our matching Moulin Rouge Tanks and blonde hair like no other. If I had the pics on my comp, I would share them.
 (image found here)

We are not sisters, but we are twins of our own kind.  And in true twin fashion, the other half of the Doublemint package went off to a cliff overlooking the ocean yesterday and got herself engaged!

We have joked in the past of how awesome it would be if we were engaged at the same time...well, apparently our guys were listening or something because here we are.  Two soon-to-be crazy organized brides, planning small out-of-town weddings, within just a few months of each other.  Hello awesomeness.

It's so fun to get to share this happy and exciting (and stressful) time with someone I love so much.  We might as well just be little girls with pillowcase veils on our heads with how giddy we are.

Photobucket
(This is by-far not the best photo to showcase our twinsieness, but it's the most ridiculously happy picture of us ever taken, at a Metallica concert two years ago)

 And ya know what's even better than planning our weddings together?    

We both get to spend the rest of our lives with two of the sweetest, most patient, and wonderful guys in the world.  We have had our ups and downs with each other's significant-others in the past, so I think we are so lucky now that we both support, respect and admire the man our other half has chosen.  I hope all girlfriends get so lucky.

To A&N: I am so incredibly happy for you and I feel so blessed to have you both in my life.  You two are so perfect for each other - even more perfect than Tom & Mike.  And that says a lot.  Congratulations!

3 comments:

  1. So happy for A&N! I know it will be a close one timed following ours, but it will be fun! However, may God look favorably upon Twinsie FI and myself if you two end up pregnant at the same time. It will be fun seeing you two organize the hell out of 2 weddings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT.
    :)

    <3 WENDY!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eep! You are awesome (as is that picture). So excited that we get to do this together! Love you. And Pete too!

    ReplyDelete