Sunday, May 9, 2010

"...But I had the best days with you..."

Photobucket

Happy Mother's Day to any hardworking mommas who may be reading this. :) I found this card I made for my mom when I was in kindergarten. That's a fantastic unicorn if I do say so myself. :) My blogging has been pretty nonexistent the past couple weeks as I am up to my eyeballs in finals, but I wanted to take a quick moment to remember the greatest woman I have ever known - my mother.

Most Mother's Days for the past nine years have gone by with little to no celebration or mention in my household, for obvious reasons. But today I decided to embrace the day and publicly say that I could never be the mother I am today without the mother I was blessed with as a child. I love her and I miss her every moment of every day.

I was also blessed with an amazing grandmother, who was also taken from our lives nine years ago. I want to say that I love her, I admire her, I miss her and I think about her more than anyone knows.

I often wonder what my life might be like if I still had both of these women with me...(I know there would be a hell of a lot of laughter, that's for sure). I am thankful for everything they taught me, and I know I am very blessed because I have not one, but two guardian angels watching over me and my family at all times, and we know both of them by name. :)
We miss you always.

Lastly, I want to say thank you to all the women who have been stand-in mommas for me when I have needed you. Mary Jo S, Jennifer B, Delany C, Sue F and Jayne V, you have all loved me, taken me into your homes, and treated me as your own daughter...I love you and I wish you all a Happy Mothers Day.

"I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life." ~Abraham Lincoln

No comments:

Post a Comment