Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I may not have a wedding date, but I have an awesome date for my wedding.




My "date", of course, would be my future hubby, Peter.
He makes me so happy. I just had to share a tidbit of why I am such a lucky woman to be marrying him...

I worked from 8 am to 3 pm yesterday, then I hopped on the campus shuttle for my ride downtown, was in class until 7:30, and I came home at 8:30 to Pete and little Ryan getting things out of grocery bags to make dinner. Ryan screamed his way to bed (it was a temper tantrum kind of night), Yummy yummy BBQ chicken followed (which of course Pete made, because the most I could manage was putting honey in the sweet potatoes), and then he set off to clean the disaster zone we call a kitchen while I headed to my computer to try to work on some homework. Well, apparently I fell asleep (and did no homework, mind you) and did not wake until 5 something this morning, in a panic over the fact that I had no alarm set.

Well, there was my phone, alarm set, plugged in next to my bed. Thanks, honey.

Then at 7:30 am while rushing out the door (late of course) I am handed my breakfast-to-go, and a packed lunch. My laptop had also been plugged in to charge after it died under me on the bed. Thanks again, honey.

At noon today, I pull out my lunch to find a sandwich, adorable little 100-calorie cookies and cheese and crackers, and a note that says: "I love you very much. I felt bad that you fell asleep while I cleaned the kitchen, so I went to the store and got the stuff necessary to make your lunch. I love you and will see you when you get home!"

Okay seriously, where did this man come from??

I love him so much it's ridiculous.

In the past 4 weeks I have repeated the words "we don't have a date yet" so many times it has become my LEAST favorite phrase ever. Over the past 2 weeks, I have pretty much completely stopped talking about the wedding at all, due to the overwhelming stress I have found comes with simply trying to figure out how to pay for it. Yes, the truth is Pete and I have been planning what we want for our wedding for the past 6 months...but all of the "wishing" becomes an entirely different ballgame once there's a ring on your finger and it's time to put down a deposit to book the date.

So, No, we don't have a date yet. No, we have not decided where it will be, either. And YES, I do cry when I think of how much I wish we could just figure it all out right now and move on the much more fun aspects of planning a wedding.

BUT...
I do have the most wonderful fiance...one who packs my lunch, and listens to my rants about how much weddings cost, and even does my homework for me when I'm completely beyond exhausted and cannot write one more paper (shhh don't tell anyone). So whenever, and wherever our wedding will be, the absolute best part is that it will all be happening with this guy by my side.

No comments:

Post a Comment