Saturday, April 9, 2011

The Return of the Jedi...

Okay I may not be a Jedi, but I have yoga pants with the name Kenobi on them and a pair of Chewbacca slippers...and I have gloriously returned to my blog...so it's the best title I could think of.  (Plus, it's Star Wars Saturday on channel 25.)

I have not posted anything in (gasp) almost 8 months. There are several reasons why.
First, my computer crashed. And I hate Pete's Mac...so I stayed away from the interwebs for a while.  Secondly, last summer was incredibly rough for me (as my previous posts suggested). I was dealing with bouts of depression, incredibly difficult financial situations, parenting struggles, a lack of family support and one of the most miserably hot summers Phoenix has seen in years.  Basically, I had no motivation and nothing good to write about.  Additionally, at some point, I experienced an epiphany while reading a post on Weddingbee that made me completely change my mind about wanting to become a Weddingbee blogger myself (which was the original intention of starting this blog).  So I disappeared.

Thankfully, things in GinaPeteRyanWorld have improved incredibly since my last post (with the exception of the the fact that I hate our new apartment, but that's another story).  Pete is thriving at his new job.  Ryan's behavior changed dramatically once we got out of the "terrorist threes."  My relationships with my brothers have improved and Pete's relationships with his siblings have been rebuilt.  I reconnected with one of my best friends and love that we get to see each other so much more now. My Love and I shared a weekend in October that strengthened and healed our relationship in ways I never expected.  In the past 8 months, I survived the evil-ness of summer school, the crapy-ness of fall semester, my first teaching internship, and I am just a few weeks away from finishing yet another semester of school and my second internship.  All the while, we have also pulled together plans and endless DIY projects for our wedding, which (holy cow) is only 5 weeks away!!!

A few friends have mentioned that they miss my blog posts, so I have decided to give it another go.  With our wedding creeping closer everyday, my excitement is building and I need some way to let it out, so I figured here would be a good place for others to count down with us and share the joy. :)

That's all for now - Luke, Han and Leia are about to be fed to the Sarlacc and I've got to finish sewing up my post-reception party dress for the big day. Happy Saturday!


1 comment: