Sunday, May 8, 2011

"I'd like to be a little hole in your pocket...

...so I could be with you where ever you go."

My mom said that to me once, when I was about 14. It makes me smile when I remember it.

As it is once again Mothers Day, I have to take a moment to acknowledge the the two mothers most responsible for molding me into the mother I am, and who I miss so much sometimes it hurts to even say their names.


These photos will be tied to my bouquet on my wedding day.  A vintage photo of my grandmother, Lois, from the 1970's, and the most beautiful picture of my mother, Raelene, from her college days.  On the back of the photo of Mom is another photo taken about a year before she died. It may not be a hole in my pocket, but I think Mom would be just as satisfied with the notion. :)

It has been 10 long years since they have been gone, yet I can still hear them laughing together or bickering over something in the kitchen.  If they were at my wedding, I'm sure they would be arguing over my choice of shoes and  Grandma's insistence on wearing blue no matter what Mom has to say about it.  Perhaps they will have the same argument in Heaven...and when I look at my shoes in 2 weeks, I will think of them and laugh. 

These women are my strength, my idols, my angels.  I wish them, and all the other amazing mothers out there, a very Happy Mothers Day.

1 comment:

  1. loretta CampbellMay 8, 2011 at 1:26 PM

    How beautiful and what a worthy tribute. I know your mothers are watching you and are thankful for all of the good things that you do. Happy Mother's Day to you and I hope it is full of love. Much love, Loretta Campbell

    ReplyDelete